Custom development programmes foster a common language between teams. They build relationships, momentum, and internal accountability.
Depending on your corporate objectives, custom workshops or retreats could be the ideal way to help your team:
- Develop leadership potential across the business.
- Enhance executive presence with senior stakeholders.
- Influence colleagues or clients to gain buy-in for ideas.
- Present seminars or talks to audiences with confidence and impact.
- Build up professional profiles and networks.
- Win more clients without being false or pushy.
I create and deliver custom development programmes for businesses of all sizes and industries. Typically, these involve a mix of workshops and one-to-one sessions.
In my experience, this combination significantly boosts both the value people get from it and the results they achieve.
The format of your programme will be tailored to match the objectives, culture and style of your organisation. For example, I’ve recently developed and delivered a:
- Series of four x 90-minute breakfast leadership sessions.
- Two-day off-site retreat on Clarifying Strategy and Leading Change.
- Major influence-based leadership programme consisting of three workshops and two coaching sessions over three to four months.
- Programme of two workshops plus coaching on Building Your Professional Network.
- Workshop and follow-up programme on Delegating and Supervision.
Testimonials from Workshops and Retreats
Here’s a partial list of recent clients, along with a few examples of the positive feedback I’ve received from their custom workshops and retreats.
- Government – NZ Treasury Board
- Utilities & Technology – Siemens
- Banking – ANZ, BNZ, Westpac
- Insurance – FMG
- Dairy – Fonterra
- Professional Services – Lowndes Jordan, James & Wells, Russell McVeagh, Bell Gully, PWC, BDO, NZ Law
- Pharmaceuticals/Medical – Merck, Intermed, Multichem, Invacare.
“Rob’s ability to grasp the real needs of a client and facilitate the discovery process adds value long after he’s wrapped up a training session. His professional approach is an example to others that aspire to serve clients to the highest level.”
Marika, L&D Manager, BDO Taranaki
“Lisa phoned me today absolutely over the moon. She presented a good size commercial account using her new skills from the training…. and she got the deal! She now feels confident in her approach and has a structure to follow.”
Dianna, Senior Regional Manager, FMG
“I was really impressed with the constructive nature of conversations that you helped to create. A real base for the teams to build on and improve. The preparation going into the session was well-developed and the delivery on the day was excellent.”
Mark, GM Commercial Operations, Fonterra
“Rob clearly understood our objectives and designed a series of leadership sessions covering a range of relevant topics. He was a great facilitator who offered relevant expertise and was seen as highly knowledgeable, engaging, and credible.”
Veronica, L&D Adviser, Russell McVeagh
Free Initial Discussion
If you want to explore custom workshops or retreats for your organisation, the first step is for us to have a quick chat. Typically, clients will call me for an initial phone call and then we’ll meet for a free, no-obligation discussion.
I’ll listen, ask questions, help you to clarify what you’re after, and determine what success will look like for you. I can also offer some initial suggestions, give you examples of what’s worked elsewhere, explain how it all works, and confirm the next steps.
To arrange your free initial discussion:
Email me at email@example.com.
Call me on +64 21 768 402 (New Zealand).
Fill in the form below and I’ll get back to you soon.